I’ve been told many times that the best time to travel is in the early 20’s while young and unattached. So, in a couple of months, I will be traveling across the world to spend a semester studying in Palmerston North, New Zealand. There are many reasons that New Zealand appealed to me. For one, the nature there is supposed to be breathtaking. As an ecologist, that is something that I really look for. On top of that, Kiwis are said to be some of the friendliest people in the world, and the country itself is one of the safest. As for which university to study at, Massey University in Palmerston North offered the most biology courses for my degree.
While the idea of traveling so far alone is terrifying to a small town farm girl like me, it is also exhilarating to have the chance to get out and explore the world. To this effect, I have done research and compiled a few adventures I would like to accomplish while abroad.
1) Find out if this tree-house restaurant is real, and if so, eat there. I really just cannot get over how cool of idea this is! I wonder what kind of food they serve?
2) Zorbing! This just looks too fun to pass up.
3) Of course, I absolutely need to adventure into the wilderness. There is so much of it though, that I am not entirely sure where to begin. How ’bout here?
4) Now don’t forget that I am here to study, so it is quite imperative to explore campus!
5) And the surrounding city!
I could keep this going for pages, but mayhaps I will do that on a later date. For now though, much preparation is needed, so I better get back to it! Updates to come.